Journal of Music Seeks New Editors
Posted on 29 July 2011
The Journal of Music is seeking three new editors to join its staff. These are part-time positions working in collaboration with the Editor.
Excellent writing skills are essential. A broad musical interest is desirable, but applicants should have specialist knowledge of one of the following genres of music: traditional Irish music, jazz, classical music or contemporary composition.
For more details about this position, as well as information on how to apply, please download the job description here. The deadline for applications is 10 August. Interviews will take place between 25 and 31 August.
NEW SOUND WORLDS
PR and Marketing Opportunity
NEW SOUND WORLDS is currently recruiting an enthusiastic, committed and creative PR and Marketing Officer to assist with their 2011/2012 series of 8 contemporary music concerts. Ideally from mid-August 2011 on a part time basis through til the end of May 2012. Exact days and hours to be discussed.
NEW SOUND WORLDS is a contemporary music series, featuring national and international composers and performers. The series is curated by Irish composer Siobhan Cleary and funded by the Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon and takes place in the Kevin Barry Room of the National Concert Hall.
Remuneration commensurate with experience
To promote, publicise and build audience for a contemporary music series.
To devise an online media campaign including establishing a facebook page and fan base and maintaining this through-out the series.
To devise a traditional media campaign and deal with all press, tv and radio.
To oversee production and dissemination of print materials.
To work on audience development.
- An energetic and enthusiastic disposition.
- The ability to work individually as well as as part of a dedicated team.
- Experience devising online media as well as traditional media campaigns
- Confident working with press, radio, tv and online media.
- Experience of audience development.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Creative flair and approach and innovative thinking.
- A familiarity with contemporary music desired.
- Ideally, but not essentially, experience of working in an arts environment
Email CV as well as letter of interest to <newsoundworlds [at] gmail.com> no later than 5pm 8 August 2011
Other Jobs of Interest include
Pipemaking Training Supervisor with na Píobairí Uilleann