Deadline: Tuesday, 3 December 2013, 5.00pm
Showcasing new and exciting music from up-and-coming Irish composers, Crash Ensemble welcomes submissions for Free State 8.
Selected pieces will be performed by Crash Ensemble in Dublin, in Spring 2014. Free State 8 will be guest curated by Raymond Deane (Composer) in conjunction with Crash Ensemble.
- Free State 8 is open to composers born and/ or resident in Ireland.
- Works should be for instruments within the ensemble not exceeding 20 minutes.
-Crash Ensemble instrumentation: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass/ Electric Bass, Piano, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Clarinet/ Bass Clarinet, Flute/ Piccolo, Trombone. Any grouping of, or solo pieces for these instruments will be accepted.
- The piece can include electronics but ideally not a click-track.
- Only one piece per composer
- Submissions are not accepted from composers who featured in last year's Free State, in the last 2 years of Crash's general programming, or will feature in the upcoming season (1 year limit).
- Works will be selected by blind judging (the curators will see the works (score, mp3) only, not the composers personal details).To facilitate this personal details are to be given in an accompanying email or letter only, not on the score or mp3 file.
Please send all submissions as a PDF score with MP3/ electronic mock up if available. Include your name and contact details on a separate page/ cover email.
By Email: info [at] crashensemble.com (please title 'Free State 8')
By Post: Free State 8 submission, Crash Ensemble, The National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2